If you’ve yet to move away from printing on one machine then walking to the copier to make copies then using a fax machine to send it off, you’re missing out. All-in-one, or multifunction copiers, are an immense help when it comes to increasing productivity in the office. Read on to learn why your business needs a multifunction copier now.
Don’t purchase an all-in-one copier without previous research. Make a list of the features you want to utilize the most. Here’s a list to get you started.
- Color: We tend to believe that color printing is a standard feature of multifunction copiers. If you primarily print text in black and white, you can skip over color features.
- Laser VS. Inkjet: Your choice between laser and inkjet will depend on the number of copies you produce regularly. Large corporations lean towards laser while small business prefers inkjet.
- Speed: Once again, your focus on page-per-minute will vary according to your output. Make it a priority if you have a high production need.
- Automatic Document Feeder: An ADF will allow you to copy multiple pages without having to replace each page manually.
- Paper Type: Most multifunction copiers are programmed to copy legal sized documents. If you ever work on heavy paper or card stock, be sure to look for a machine that can handle various paper types.
- Duplex: Copying that automatically makes double-sided copies are most likely necessary but not always an included feature.
- Connectivity: Many offices are moving towards wireless workspaces. If you need wifi connectivity make sure your machine includes it.
Once you have narrowed down your choices and selected the perfect all-in-one copier for your office, you can begin to reap the benefits. If you were previously bouncing back and forth between an individual printer, fax, and copier you will first notice the increase in productivity and ease of use. Then you will see a decrease in spending on consumables and possibly even your energy bill. All-in-one machines are sustainable and require less energy than a myriad of devices.
Investing in a multifunction copier is a must do for any business. To learn more about these machines and other office equipment, contact us today!