Your office copier probably takes the brunt of heavy usage throughout the week, toiling away in silence while producing handouts, booklets, posters, and more. But you may be missing some important copier maintenance procedures and usage best practices that are reducing the useable life of your machine. Do your employees know how to use your copier in a way that will keep it functioning well for years to come?
Are You Maintaining Your Office Equipment?
It’s worthwhile to make sure you’re giving your office equipment the care it needs, and although some of these tips may seem elementary, it can be hard to remember the basics at times.
- Clean scanner glass with a soft cloth dampened with a non-abrasive cleaner
- Fold down feed trays when your copier is not in use
- Wipe down copier parts once a week or as needed
- Get your machine regularly maintenanced by a professional
- Watch for staples when you are copying; you could scratch your scanner glass or get a staple stuck in the document feeder of your machine
- Spray any kind of cleaner on your scanner bed; liquids can easily seep into your machine and ruin it forever.
- Use paper towels or tissues to clean your scanner’s surface. You’ll end up with scratches and residue that will eventually make your scanner useless.
- Ignore small printer problems such as error codes and frequent paper jams. These could point to bigger issues that, if not addressed, will shorten the life cycle of your machine.
Your devices around the office are the backbone of productivity, and without them, you won’t be able to get your day-to-day work accomplished. Don’t ignore these machines until it’s too late; keep up with them and repair them as needed. If you’re ready for new Kyocera products, contact us today.